As climate change awareness reaches new heights across the globe, environmentally friendly cars have become an increasingly popular choice for car buyers. With the advent of electric and hybrid vehicles, car companies have expanded their offerings to include more eco-friendly models. Fuel efficiency is a major factor for eco-conscious buyers, as it helps reduce harmful emissions and saves money on gas in the long run. Here are the top 10 most fuel-efficient cars of 2020:
- Toyota Prius Eco: The 2020 Toyota Prius Eco claims the top spot on our list with 56 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway. It’s a midsize hybrid sedan that’s been around for decades and is well-known for being one of the most fuel-efficient cars on the market.
- Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: With 55 mpg in the city and 54 mpg on the highway, the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid is hot on the Prius’ heels. This compact hybrid sedan offers excellent fuel economy and is a great choice for buyers looking for efficiency and convenience.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid LE: The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE is a spacious midsize sedan that offers 51 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway. It’s powered by a hybrid powertrain and combines performance and efficiency.
- Honda Insight: The 2020 Honda Insight is a four-door sedan that offers 55 mpg in the city and 49 mpg on the highway. It features a hybrid powertrain that delivers a smooth and quiet ride.
- Toyota Corolla Hybrid: The 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid is an efficient compact sedan that offers 53 mpg in the city and 52 mpg on the highway. It’s a great car for city driving and light commuting.
- Kia Niro: The 2020 Kia Niro is a subcompact SUV that offers 52 mpg in the city and 49 mpg on the highway. It blends a hybrid powertrain with an SUV-like body style to offer practicality and efficiency.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: The 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid is a spacious midsize sedan that offers 48 mpg in the city and 47 mpg on the highway. It’s powered by a hybrid powertrain and offers a smooth, quiet ride.